Twitter the Manitoba Libraries Conference!
Want to try tweeting? See how you can use hashtags to tweet to your direct audience! The Manitoba Libraries Conference has set up a hashtag for you to tweet and follow. A hashtag is used to create groupings to help users follow conversation on a specific topic. Just as you use a tag to help people find your blog posts, photos on Flickr or videos on YouTube, hashtags help Twitter users find conversation topics.
1. Open up a twitter account http://www.twitter.com if you haven't done so.
2. Goto http://www.twitter.com/hashtags and follow it.
3. In your own twitter status window type: Follow #mlc2009
4. To post just type in your status window: #mlc2009 and then your
message. Example: #mlc2009 RDA workshop is now in conference room 1
5. To be removed from hashtag: Remove #mlc2009
If you just want to view what is going on goto: